WEEKLY TRANSITION, SWIM, BIKE, RUN, READ…..
- WORD FROM THE COACHES
- THIS WEEKS ROUND UP & NEWS
- TRY THE TRI – COMING SOON
- NEW CYCLING GEAR – VESTS, SOCKS, JERSEYS & KNICKS
- HAMILTON ISLAND TRIATHLON
- HELL WEEK & FALLS CREEK CAMP
- TRAINING SESSION UPDATES
Another great weekend of sun for our long rides and runs. It was great to see so many people out and about and is a sign of the season ahead. With such a large group of cyclists it was important to be vigilant and ride with due care – the coaches were happy with how everyone rode (a couple of small encouragements were needed) though always pay attention and look over your shoulder on pulling out. And how good did the new kit look – reviews have been great so if you have not got yours get on to the TriShop now.
This Sunday coming we have the final race of the Victorian Duathlon Series which doubles as the State Championship. We have a good number of athletes racing and would like as many supporters as possible along to cheer. The MSAC run will be switched to Fairfield and will take you along past Yarra Boulevard where the race will be starting from 9:00am. Entires are still available and this is a great time to test your speed and get the heart racing in the 5k run, 20k bike, 3k run format. Good luck to all those racing and we will see you down there.
Read all about the weekends training here.
NOOSA FACEBOOK GROUP We have another mass exodus from Melbourne to Noosa this year with around 50 plus athletes. If you’re coming to Noosa this year join the group and get the low down on everything that’s being planned. Remember there are several hold the dates for in Noosa, Race day TA Taj, drinks and festivities, Tri Alliance Race Day After Party, Mad Monday @ Noosa Life Saving Club and Melbourne Cup in the Sun at a venue TBC!
Last Thursday saw David Plush compete in the Sprint Distance at the ITU World Triathlon Age Group Championships in Chicago with Paddy Fitzgerald and Lisa MacFarlane racing in the Olympic distance on our Sunday morning. From the pictures and race reports it was a hot and windy race with some good temperatures to battle against. All three had challenges in one or two legs but were more than happy overall and were proud to race for their country in the Green and Gold. Well look forward to your return and to hear all about it. Well done guys. For more details on the entire event check out the following link. http://chicago.triathlon.org/
For those who are still planning their racing season there are plenty of opportunities with entries now open for the Gatorade Triathlon Series 15/16. The 5 race series comprises of Sprints, Olympic Distance and mini races. Elwood and St Kilda host the Bayside races with Portarlington hosting it’s 30th anniversary race. Don’t forget Tri-Alliance members receive a 10% discount when they enter and select us as their club.
Another popular event is the Yarrawonga Mulwla Multisport Festival over the weekend of the 17th/18th October. If you are not racing the Melbourne Marathon (same weekend) then get on board for this great event. There is the flagship Olympic Distance, Sprint, Aquathon, 5 and 10k fun runs along with Kids and mini events. Swim in the freshwater of the lake and ride and run through the countryside. We will have a tent available for athletes at this race. http://www.ymmf.com.au/
Do you have a friend, colleague or family member who want to get into Triathlon? Starting on the 24th of October we have our first Try the Tri of the season which will be free to the first 100 entering the Active Feet or Gatorade Series or race 1.
- Up to 5 coached training sessions a week, designed to cater to all abilities and confidence levels
- Learn all the essential triathlon skills, including bike handling, run technique, transitions and open water swimming
- Access to some of Melbourne’s best triathlon coaches, all keen to support you to achieve your goals
- Access to fantastic sponsorship discounts usually reserved for Tri Alliance athletes, such as bike discounts, Wetsuits, Triathlon and cycling Gear, health supplements and sports health care
- On race day, it’s the simple things that make all the difference! As a special Tri Alliance guest, you and your supporters will be invited to hang out in the TA Taj (the biggest tent on race day, equipped with warm up facilities, massages, bean bags, storage space and a gourmet BBQ afterwards!)
Last year we had a big group of which many are now fully immersed into the club enjoying the culture we have. So please pass the message on – the more the merrier. For more details on this course and subsequent Try the Tri courses click on the link below.
Be ready for the new season in some stylish new kit. For those who attended the Lorne camp we have contacted you with a coupon code for your order – sizes are the same as the existing Elite gear so get onto the shop and place your order.
We do still have some of the previous cycling gear in various sizes still available which is on special to make way for our new stock. Check out the TriShop here to see what we have.
For those who unfortunately did not get a Noosa race entry and still fancy a trip up North before the season gets going check out Hamilton Island’s race in November. Warm seas and sunny skies (not guaranteed). There are packages available for entry and accommodation so all the fuss is taken out of it.
Our next home based training spike is Hell Week (just before Christmas) and the next Camp is Falls Creek at the beginning of January.
For those who wonder what Hell week is read about last year here – this year it will be from the 19th-27th December.
For the Falls Creek camp (1st-8th January 2016) we have a very limited number of spots so please email Scott to get your name down on the list. We will then be contacting these athletes within the next few weeks regards a deposit to lock in their place.
Please ensure you check the calendar regularly to ensure you know where and when sessions are. This weekends highlights (please ensure you check your program or consult a coach so you attend the appropriate session and know your distances – remember you are accountable too!):
- Wednesday 23rd – All swim sessions should include a 500m/1k time trial.
- Thursday 24th – Runs are back to normal locations – The Tan @ 6:15pm, Essendon @ 6:30pm
- Saturday 26th – Elwood Roll at 6:30am. Distances based on programs and abilities. From 55k to 150k. Facebook group here.
- Sunday 27th – Fairfield long run with Coach Greg – 8am
- NO COACHED MSAC long run – please run at Fairfield with Greg and support those racing in the Duathlon at Yarra Boulevard.
When riding on a Tri-Alliance coached road ride it is a requirement to wear team colours. This helps keep and identify the group together and provides more safety in the fact that other riders from outside the group are less likely to join in the group – we do not know them or their riding abilities.
Safe & Happy Training