Your goal as athletes this week: To finish the week fresher than you started it. If you don’t, you are not making the most of your recovery week. So enjoy the extra sleep-ins, lighter sessions, and eat plenty of nutritious and wholesome foods to ensure you give your body the best possible chance to recover and adapt. The lighter/less sessions this week will not mean you lose fitness – it simply means you are adapting while maintaining your fitness, in preparation for the next step up the training ladder next week.
This is particularly important for our athletes who attended our Advanced and World Qualifying Athlete Camp last weekend. A massive weekend of training, with huge bike and run kilometers in the training bank. The camp finished just as we had started – wet. But the training in between was as good as we’ve had it for a few years at Apollo Bay, with sessions timed perfectly around the rain. This Training Camp has always thrown it at our athletes and this year was no different, but to see how each athlete took themselves to new levels over the weekend, pushing themselves both mentally and physically each day. Well done everyone – now to reap the rewards in the coming weeks.
What our athletes are saying:
- “Thanks for an awesome camp. Feeling the effects but really happy with what I achieved, and feeling strong with 5 weeks of speed training to come. You guys rock!”
- “Thanks for the most inspirational and utterly grueling training camp. Loved every minute of it and can’t wait for the next one!”
- Thanks for welcoming me to the community of pain. An amazing weekend with a scarily committed and inspiring bunch of people!”
- “Thanks for putting together a great training camp!…. It was great to bike, run, roll and eat with you all. I learned heaps, for instance I learned that 8:30PM is actually very late, and if your apartment isn’t being heated to 25 degrees it’s just not warm enough….. I look forward to seeing you at training again soon. Bring on the post-camp spike!”
PRE SEASON TRAINING CAMP – JUST 6 WEEKS AWAY!
Don’t forget we have our final camp this year at Angelsea in just 6 weeks. So if you haven’t put your name down, make sure you do, as we are now around 80% full and once places are gone, they are gone! Click here to RSVP and reserve your place!
Our next monthly athlete dinner is scheduled for this Thursday 8 August, returning to Cafe Rosco after they looked after us so well last month! So come and join us Thursday Night to get to know one another, and enjoy a great feed at the same time. If you are new – don’t be shy!
Click here for more details and to RSVP.
RUN MODELS NEEDED!
We are holding a photoshoot tomorrow afternoon and looking for a handful of male and female runners of any shape or size to be a part of our photo shoot. Only requirement is you must have either one of our run tees or singlets (not long sleeve), ideally a pair of our run shorts (but not required) and Mizuno runners preferred – but not compulsory. If you are free from around 4.30/5pm tomorrow night to meet at The Tan, please email [email protected]
NEW MONDAY NIGHT RUN SESSION! Starting next week we have a NEW Monday Night Run session on our training timetable.
Monday 6.30PM Run session at The Tan. (starts Mond 12 Aug)
This is aimed at those who swim Tuesday mornings, can’t attend morning run sessions, or have/want more of a run focus with their training. Perfect session to hit straight after work!
Look forward to seeing you at The Tan next Monday Night!
NEW NORTH/WEST WINDTRAINER SESSION!
We are expending our timetable out the North/West and we are excited to introduce a new session in Essendon. Don’t spend 30+ minutes sitting in traffice coming across to MSAC, join our new location – same programs, same time, different location. Small group will ensure you get plenty of one-on-one coach time, so make sure you get along to this session.So make sure this session sticks and come along each Tuesday night 6.15PM.
Location: Cooper St Community Centre.
Cnr Cooper & Spencer St Essendon (only 5min from Maribyrnong River)
BYO Windtrainer, drink bottles, towel and roller.
*NB you will need your own windtrainer – if you don’t have one and plan on attending this session regularly, please contact Sarah.
**If you plan on joining this session, please email [email protected] so we can gauge numbers.
TRI ALLIANCE RUN SQUAD!
Tri Alliance will soon be launching our all new RUN Squad. Our Run Squad will be designed to cater for runners of all abilities -from beginner runners, through to those searching for a PB or taking the step to a new run distance. There will be a variety of sessions available including technique improvement for easier and more efficient running, tempo/moderate runs, strength, hills, endurance and speed. With up to 5 run sessions a week to choose from, our Coaches will help guide you to your goals sooner. All you need is a pair of runners, and we’ll provide the rest!
Click here to like our facebook page. We’ll have running tips, information, session details, giveaways plus more!
ELITE & TEAM WEAR RACE GEAR **ORDERS NOW BEING TAKEN**
- We are now taking order for our Elite Rocket Science Race Gear range – including one and two piece race suits. To ensure these arrive in plenty of time for Noosa, orders will close strictly on MONDAY 26 AUGUST. inimum numbers of 12 are required for male and female pieces so if you are wanting an order – make sure you jump online and grab yours – and encourage your team mates. If we don’t have minimum numbers we can’t order.
- Our Team Race Gear Range has been fully updated and our new and improved range is of higher quality and at a great price, these are the ideal race suit for those new to the sport or on a triathlon budget. All sizes are in stock – so if you order online, you will receive within a week. So no need to wait for a pre order!
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
- MONTHLY ATHLETE DINNER: Thursday 8 August. Click here for details and to RSVP
- DUATHLON RACE 2: Sunday 18 August, Richmond Boulevard. We recommend all Short Course athlete to use this as a training run for their pre-season. Click here for more details.
- deCASTELLA RUN & ATHLETE BBQ: Sunday 25 August. Click here for details and to RSVP. And don’t forget if you enter before this Sunday you will go in the draw to WIN a FREE pair of Mizuno’s!
- PRE SEASON TRAINING CAMP: 13-15 September. Over 50% Full and will sell out! Early Bird Special closes TODAY! Click here for more details.
DE CASTELLA RUN
Tri Alliance will be supporting a fantastic run event – the De Castella Run on Sunday 25 August. The event is held at Kew Boulevard and includes a 5km, 10km and 15km event.
Simply by entering THIS Friday 2 August we will put you in the draw to WIN a pair of shoes from our fantastic partners MIZUNO!
Early bird price only $40! And we’ll be holding an athlete BBQ post event, so make sure you put this one in your calendar. Click here for more on the event and to enter. Once entered, please email [email protected] your confirmation to go in the draw to win!
STRATTON FINANCE – MORE THAN JUST FINANCE
At stratton, we offer more than just car finance solutions; we also offer a complete vehicle procurement and trade-in service. Save time, money and hassle and let us do the leg work. It’s all part of our simply smarter philosophy! Find out how much the team at stratton can save you on your next set of wheels by calling 1300 STRATTON (787 288) or submit an online enquiry today.
Click here to read more and find our how you can SAVE with Stratton Finance
GATORADE / ACTIVE FEET SERIES NOW OPEN!
SuperSprint launched their Gatorade/Active Feet Triathlon Series and we’re excited to announce that our athletes will again receive a 10% discount simply by being a Tri Alliance Athlete. And great news is, this year the process is simple. We’ve provided SuperSprint with your email addresses so all you need to do is log into their system and enter! Simple as that!
This discount applies for all events – so make sure you check out SuperSprints Website and get involved!
*Please note for the discount to apply you need to ensure your full name and email address in our system is the same as that in your SuperSprint profile (ie they have to match to apply the discount). if they don’t, you need to change the details in your SuperSprint Profile.
GIANT WOMEN’S SPECIFIC TIME TRIAL! (FOR SALE)
Immaculate Condition having raced only twice in the 2012 season!
This TT bike has been loved by its owner for its stiff and aerodynamic build. It handles particularly well on corners and feels stable descending.
- Shimano Ultegra componentry with Dura-Ace handlebar-end shifters.
- Giant Connect SL base handlebar with Connect SL composite clip-on
- Shimano R501 wheelset.
- Size SMALL – suitable for a female around 160-170cm
Selling for $1,999! (retailed at $2,999.00 just last year)
So if you are in the market for a Time Trial Bike this season, contact [email protected] or phone 0407888680
GIANT TIME TRIAL MACHINE! (FOR SALE)
Get your hands on a Super Fast, Super Slick Time Trial Machine !
This matt black 2012 Giant Trinity SLO has had 1 season of racing Ironman and is ready for a new owner. Regularly serviced and will be handed over with a free service and FREE Retul Bike Bike to ensure you are ready for fast riding.
- Features include 808 Zipp race wheels, Shimano Dura ace D12 20sp
- Suitable for an rider between 5’10 and 6’2.
- $6,000. Not negotiable. (new it retailed at $9,999)
- Click here to read more on this bike.
So if you are in the market for a Time Trial Bike this season, contact [email protected] or phone 0425 731 036.
TRAINING THIS WEEKEND:
SATURDAY 10 AUGUST
RIDE TIME TRIALS & RACE SPECIFIC RIDES
- ADVANCED SC – LONDON – VEGAS – SUNNY COAST – KONA – BUSSO ATHLETES
Type: Race specific speed/endurance
Location: Beach Road
Meet: Cafe Racer, StKilda.
Time: 6.30am for coffee, 6.45am roll out
Advanced Short Course & London – Frankston / Mornington Loop
Vegas/Sunny Coast/Busso – Safety Beach (130km) / Arthurs Seat (140km)
Kona – To the end of the world and back. 😉
- ALL OTHER ATHLETES
Type: Bike Time Trials
Location: Studley Park, Kew
Details: Our second round of Bike Time Trials this weekend, and it’s always exciting to see athletes line up and see their improvements over the past 6 weeks. So make sure you read all details regarding our time trials this weekend.
Click here for full details including groups and times.
Post Ride Coffee/Breakfast at Studley Park Boathouse. Bonus points for getting the Time Keepers a coffee! 😉
SUNDAY 11 AUGUST ENDURANCE / RECOVERY RUN
- MSAC – 7.50am briefing for 8.00am start
- FAIRFILED Boathouse – 7.50am briefing for 8.00am start
Team Tri Alliance
Contact Tri Alliance if you are looking for beginner triathlon programs, online triathlon training programs or you are training for an Ironman.