WORD FROM THE COACHES
We hope you all had a fantastic Easter break and balanced out the chocolates with some healthy fun activities. By now we should all be feeling fresher, if you are still feeling the effects of the season make sure you touch base with the office for a chat. In the meantime keep relaxing and staying healthy as we have a BIGGER, BETTER, STRONGER season ahead.
Our 28 Day April Tri Challenge continues to be a hit.
WINNERS ARE GRINNERS!!!!
Congratulations to the following athletes participating in our 28 Day Tri Challenge. You have each won a $20 voucher from our friends at The Great Provider, St Kilda.
SAM H for being one of the first to post her funny video of doing burpees with her dog!! (We think the dog needs a prize here too!)
DINAKSHA H – for his challenge video at work and then continuing his challenge while on holidays in Bali. Fair effort!
AMY G – for her enthusiasm and passion – and simply for being one fit chick! Well done Ames. (Any more chins ups??). So if you’ve missed joining this from the start – don’t worry. Click here to join now. More prizes up for grabs and don’t worry if you can’t complete everything the most important thing is to TRY!
Please note the office will be closed over the following period:
Friday 25 April (Anzac Day)
IMPORTANT DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- ATHLETE TEAM MEETING # 1 THURS 22nd MAY
- LORNE CAMP 6th – 9th JUNE
- ADVANCED WINTER CAMP APOLLO BAY 1st -3rd Aug
- PRE SEASON CAMP 12th-14th Sept
- MORE DATES TO COME…
ATHLETE TEAM MEETING THURS 22 MAY
After our Recovery and Transition Phase in April, most athletes will start to get back into a routine and begin their base technique phase for the 2014/2015 Tri Season.
Tri Alliance regularly holds Athlete Team Meetings, and it is highly encouraged for all athletes to attend and will cover areas such as:
– Outline of training and training principles
– Our winter training timetable
– Training and Program changes/improvements for the coming up this season
– Break out groups for specific athletes: Beginners, Short Course, Half Ironman, Ironman
– Q&A panel with our Coaches
– Finger food and drinks provided
RSVP’s Essential: Click to RSVP
LORNE CAMP FRI 6 – 9 JUNE
STAY TUNED EARLY BIRD AVAILABLE SOON
TECHNIQUE SPECIFIC PROGRAM’S
- Swim Stroke Correction: Commencing Friday 2 May. Limited to 8 places only. Currently 2 places remain. Click for more information and to reserve your place.
Stay tuned for a new course starting in Mentone!!
- Cycle Skills: SOLD OUT
- Run Technique: Currently seeking expressions of interest in a 6 week Run Technique Program with run Coach Rupert. Email [email protected]
if you are interested in one this year to start 11 MAY.
- Strength & Conditioning: Currently seeking expressions of interest in a 6 week Strength & Conditioning Program with our Head S&C Coach Kemble Eddleston. Click to read more on last year’s program. Email [email protected] if you are interested in one this year to start in MAY.
GOLD COAST MARATHON | HALF MARATHON | 10 & 5 KM EVENTS!
Tri Alliance is keen to take a group of athletes and head up to the Gold Coast for Mid Winter run event and weekend away!! 5-6 July 2014. Are you interested in joining us?
Please take 2 minutes out of your day to complete our Survey, so we can cater programs and possibly even a travel packages to our athletes.
END OF SEASON PRESENTATION NIGHT
Winter training starts on Monday 5th of May, so let’s finish up with a BANG!!!
Fantastic new Venue, no lycra, let your hair down, can’t wait to see you there.
We’ve had amazing results and achievements from athletes this year, with awards up for grabs including:
- Male and Female Short Course Athletes
- Male and Female Long course Athletes
- Team Player of the Year
- Season New Comer of the Year
- Most Improved Athlete
- And the most sought after award of them all – the John Cornish Memorial Scholarship. Currently held by Brett Archbold.
So make sure you purchase your tickets online
SESSIONS THIS WEEKEND:
SATURDAY 26 APRIL – LATTE RIDE WITH HEAD COACH OLLIE ALLAN
- STAGE 3 ‐ Elwood > Port Melbourne > Mordialloc Return
- Meet: ELWOOD ELSC
- Time: 8.00am roll out.
Mordialloc, 55km, (pace 25-30km/hr) Ride will head to Mordialloc stopping for ‘Coffee and Cake’ before heading home.
- Latte: Doyle’s Deck and Bistro (half way point)
- Strictly social, No TT bikes, leave ego’s at the door, be a good samaritan
SUNDAY 27 APRIL – MTB LYSTERFIELD LAKE
- Meet: TRAILMIX BIKE SHOP AND CAFE
- Time: 8.30am for a 8.45 roll out.
- Bikes: BYO mountain bike if you don’t have one you can hire one (arrive early to get organised).
- More info & RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/TriAllianceVictoria/events
- Alternative: Walk with coach Emma!!! Same time same place
- Post Session Coffee: Trailmix bike shop and cafe (sausage rolls are good)
Check out our April Training Timetable for full details on session during our Recovery and Transition Month (April).