TRI ALLIANCE LAUNCHES SUMMER 2014/2015 TRIATHLON TRAINING TIMETABLE!
Just as the weather starts to warm up so does Tri Alliance’s training sessions as we launch our much anticipated Summer Triathlon Training Timetable! Tri Alliances’ home base during summer is Elwood Lifesaving Club at Elwood Beach, and includes our most popular sessions being our Combo sessions at Elwood Beach on Thursday Nights and Saturday Mornings. Athletes get the chance to hone their triathlon skills along with gaining confidence and experience in the open water to ensure they are ready for the race season just around the corner.
Sessions at Elwood Beach:
- 6.00pm Thursdays: Short Course incorporate ‘brick’ sessions of bike/run and open water skills. While our Long Course athletes have the option of a swim/bike combo or swim/run combo.
- 7.30am Saturdays: A key session for short course athletes incorporating endurance run, transition skills, mini tri’s, duathlons, aquathons and plenty of open water swimming. Once not to be missed for those racing short course.
- 7.00/8.00am Sundays: A key session for long course athletes. With the option of a pre run swim at 7am followed by an endurance long run at 8am. (this can vary so please ensure you read the weekly newsletter)
CLICK HERE for full details on our training timetable.
The first Combo Session at Elwood Beach will be Thursday 9 October 2014.
SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAM LAUNCH
Thursday 23rd October 2014, Elwood Beach
To welcome in our summer training timetable, we’ll be holding a special session launch at Elwood Beach 2 weeks later on Thursday 23rd October. The night will include:
- Welcome back and congratulations to those who raced Kona
- Bike, Run, Skills, Open Water Training
- BBQ Dinner Post Training
- Announcement of our 2014/2015 Ambassadors (click for details and to apply!)
CLICK HERE to RSVP (REQUIRED!)
ELWOOD LIFESAVING CLUB MEMBERSHIP / RENEWALS
Tri Alliance has had a long association with the ELSC and to continue our support, Tri Alliance encourages ALL athletes who will be training at our sessions at Elwood Beach to become a member of the ELSC.
For just $95 you receive the following benefits as an ELSC Member:
- You can use the Club facilities whenever it is open, including the change rooms and showers. (worth its weight in gold on cold days!)
- You can join in with any of the training sessions that the ELSC run. During Daylight Savings they train at the beach on Monday and Wednesday evenings starting at 6.30pm – these sessions include open water swimming, fitness and board paddling.
- You can apply for a Foreshore Club Parking Permit. This allows you to park for FREE in the City of Port Phillip along Beach Rd and carparks on the beach side. The cost of these if $87 for a year. (Parking in Elwood Beach Carpark currently costs over $10)
- You can enroll for training courses run by the Club, such as the Bronze Medallion, Senior First Aid, Advanced Resuscitation plus more.
- You can take part in any of the social activities run by the Club.
- You are supporting the Lifesaving Community in your area – an important community service for the Elwood and Bayside Area.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND TO SIGN UP TODAY