WORD FROM THE COACHES
We’ve had a great start to our Build Week 1 this week, with solid numbers at every session and our biggest number of sessions on offer with our newest sessions including our Monday Night Run at The Tan and new Windtrainer session in the North/West. So well done on a solid start to this build. Keep it up over the coming 2 weeks.
This week we have a weekend of racing including the Sandy Point Half Marathon and 10km event, Race 2 of the Duathlon Series at Richmond Boulevard and the famous Hazelwood Triathlon in the pondage.
Our London, Vegas, and Hawaii teams will all be out in force at each of these races having a tune up for their events, and we are encouraging others to also pick one of these events to join in for a winter season hit out. They are great training runs and allows you to see how your training is progressing. So if you haven’t entered already, make sure you check them out online:
- Swim session including Swim Flexibility & dry land warm up techniques, Pace Endurance Swim Challenge
- Endurance, tempo and race specific ride and runs
- Training and racing specific group discussions with our Coaches.
- 5 Coaches in attendance!
Click here to RSVP and reserve your place – you don’t want to miss out!
Tri Alliance will soon be launching our all new RUN Squad. Our Run Squad will be designed to cater for runners of all abilities -from beginner runners, through to those searching for a PB or taking the step to a new run distance. There will be a variety of sessions available including technique improvement for easier and more efficient running, tempo/moderate runs, strength, hills, endurance and speed. With up to 5 run sessions a week to choose from, our Coaches will help guide you to your goals sooner. All you need is a pair of runners, and we’ll provide the rest!
Click here to like our facebook page. We’ll have running tips, information, session details, giveaways plus more!
Email ryan@tri-alliance to be in the running!
DE CASTELLA RUN & ATHLETE BBQ
Tri Alliance will be supporting a fantastic run event – the De Castella Run next Sunday 25 August. The event is held at Kew Boulevard and includes a 5km, 10km and 15km event. We will follow the event with an athlete BBQ and social get-together so put this date in your diary if you haven’t already!
WIN a Pair of Mizuno Runners of your choice simply by entering the De Castella Run. Click here for more on the event and to enter. Once entered, email firstname.lastname@example.org your confirmation to go in the draw to win!
MELBOURNE MARATHON – VOLUNTEERS WANTED!!
Tri Alliance will again be heavily involved in this years Melbourne Marathon including training programs and sessions, but also we are in search for those not races to be a part! We are looking for Lead and Tail Cyclists in the events, PLUS we will be rocking out 2 Tri Alliance drink stations at the event. With our stations on the corner of Fitzroy St and Lakeside Drive (prime position!) 🙂
- Lead & Tail Bikes 7 Required – Must be available on event day and one other suitable time to complete a course recon, own MTB bike required however if you don’t have a bike please contact the office as we may be able to help.
- 2 Drink station Manager – Must be available on the day and to attend a couple of meeting pre event day.
- Volunteers to set up, serve and clean up the Lakeside drive drink station 5.45am-9.30am.
- Volunteers to set up, serve and clean up the Fitzroy street drink station 7.00am-11.30am.
Complete the following if you want to be involved! http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SH9K5SL
ELITE & TEAM WEAR RACE GEAR **ORDERS NOW BEING TAKEN**
- We are now taking order for our Elite Rocket Science Race Gear range – including one and two piece race suits. To ensure these arrive in plenty of time for Noosa, orders will close strictly on MONDAY 26 AUGUST. Minimum numbers of 12 are required for male and female pieces so if you are wanting an order – make sure you jump online and grab yours – and encourage your team mates. If we don’t have minimum numbers we can’t order.
- Our Team Race Gear Range has been fully updated and our new and improved range is of higher quality and at a great price, these are the ideal race suit for those new to the sport or on a triathlon budget. All sizes are in stock – so if you order online, you will receive within a week. So no need to wait for a pre order!
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!
- MONTHLY ATHLETE DINNER: Thursday 8 August. Click here for details and to RSVP
- DUATHLON RACE 2: Sunday 18 August, Richmond Boulevard. We recommend all Short Course athlete to use this as a training run for their pre-season. Click here for more details.
- deCASTELLA RUN & ATHLETE BBQ: Sunday 25 August. Click here for details and to RSVP. And don’t forget if you enter before this Sunday you will go in the draw to WIN a FREE pair of Mizuno’s!
- PRE SEASON TRAINING CAMP: 13-15 September. Over 50% Full and will sell out! Early Bird Special closes TODAY! Click here for more details.
STRATTON FINANCE – MORE THAN JUST FINANCE
At stratton, we offer more than just car finance solutions; we also offer a complete vehicle procurement and trade-in service. Save time, money and hassle and let us do the leg work. It’s all part of our simply smarter philosophy! Find out how much the team at stratton can save you on your next set of wheels by calling 1300 STRATTON (787 288) or submit an online enquiry today.
Click here to read more and find our how you can SAVE with Stratton Finance
GATORADE / ACTIVE FEET SERIES NOW OPEN!
SuperSprint launched their Gatorade/Active Feet Triathlon Series and we’re excited to announce that our athletes will again receive a 10% discount simply by being a Tri Alliance Athlete. And great news is, this year the process is simple. We’ve provided SuperSprint with your email addresses so all you need to do is log into their system and enter! Simple as that!
This discount applies for all events – so make sure you check out SuperSprints Website and get involved!
*Please note for the discount to apply you need to ensure your full name and email address in our system is the same as that in your SuperSprint profile (ie they have to match to apply the discount). if they don’t, you need to change the details in your SuperSprint Profile.
GIANT WOMEN’S SPECIFIC TIME TRIAL! (FOR SALE)
Immaculate Condition having raced only twice in the 2012 season!
This TT bike has been loved by its owner for its stiff and aerodynamic build. It handles particularly well on corners and feels stable descending.
- Shimano Ultegra componentry with Dura-Ace handlebar-end shifters.
- Giant Connect SL base handlebar with Connect SL composite clip-on
- Shimano R501 wheelset.
- Size SMALL – suitable for a female around 160-170cm
Selling for $1,999! (retailed at $2,999.00 just last year)
So if you are in the market for a Time Trial Bike this season, contact email@example.com or phone 0407888680
TRAINING THIS WEEKEND:
SATURDAY 17 AUGUST
RACE SPECIFIC / ENDURANCE / STRENGTH RIDE OPTIONS
- LIV GIANT FEMALE BEGINNER RIDE
Location: Beach Road
Type: Flat ride for female beginner riders
Distance: 40km. If wanting to progress, start or finish with a ride to Port Melbourne and back (50km)
Meet: Cafe Racer
Post Ride Coffee: The Great Provider
Coach: LIV/Giant Team
- BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE & LONDON TEAM
Location: Beach Road
Type: Flat to undulating, group riding – London Race Specific
Meet: North Point Cafe, Brighton. Plenty of off street parking.
Time: 7.10, for a 7.15am start.
70km Frankston Return
85km Humphries Rd Return
90km Humphries Rd plus Two Bays
Post Ride Coffee: North Point Cafe
- ADVANCED SHORT COURSE & SEASONED ATHLETES
(Must be confident and self sufficient)
Meet: Wantirna Mall Carpark. 621 Boronia Road Wantirna.
Departure: 6.55am Advanced Short Course, 7.00am Main Group
Post Ride Coffee: King Bean Cafe
Coaches: Ryan & Greg
- VEGAS – KONA – BUSSELTON (ADVANCED ATHLETES)
Details will be communicated to you directly.
SUNDAY 18 AUGUST RACE DAY
*Please note there will be NO Coaches runs from MSAC or Fairfield.
Sandy Point Run (5km/10km/Half/Full) http://www.lvtriclub.org/
Hazelwood Triathlon (Mini/Sprint/Olympic) http://www.starttofinish.com.au/
Duathlon (Dash/Sprint) www.trivic.org.au
If you are not racing, meet at the Duathlon for a group trail run along the yarra and cheer on fellow athletes along the way! 8.00am Kevin Bartlett Reserve, Richmond.
See you there!
Team Tri Alliance
Contact Tri Alliance if you are looking for beginner triathlon programs, online triathlon training programs or you are training for an Ironman.