The day is nearly here for the biggest triathlon (Ironman) race to hit Australia – Ironman Melbourne, for the third year running. Race will kick off at 7.20am for pro’s with our Age Groupers starting at 7.38am on Sunday morning. You can view the event timetable here.
The support our athletes have had leading into this race has been outstanding and race day again will be phenomenal for everyone involved.
We have 50 Tri Alliance Athletes on the starters list – just one less than last year. With 9 females and a massive 41 males. Cheering from the sidelines is going to be awesome again!
The training has been completed and they are now ready to race and can’t wait to get out there and race. It has taken a huge commitment, dedication, some tough choices (some would say sacrifices!) and a lot of mental strength for our athletes to get to the start line in Frankston this Sunday morning and race day is the cherry on top of one very large cake. Let’s make it a day to remember! Good luck to all involved!
Team Tri Alliance
TRI ALLIANCE AID (cheering) STATIONS
We have a further 80+ athletes, friends, family and supporters of Tri Alliance who have offered their time to volunteer on one of our two aid stations located at MENTONE SLSC (approx 22km mark) and ELWOOD (approx 38km mark opposite head st just down from the ELSC) on the run course. Not to mention how many of our other athletes, friends and family who will be roaming the course on the day to support all our athletes. Sunday is going to be AMAZING for everyone involved!!
We have also been invited by GIANT Bicycles to join their cheer squad at The Great Provider (40km mark) so another point to regroup and cheer for our athletes. And what a fantastic atmosphere we had there last year and we know this year will be even bigger!
TRI ALLIANCE ATHLETE LIST
We caught up with our Ironman athletes leading into the race to share with you a quick and entertaining insight into each athletes preparation, challenges, expectations, advice for supporters and most importantly, how they plan on celebrating their achievements. Click here to read…..
We have also compiled an athlete list which includes bib numbers and age groups. Click here to view our full athlete list.
- Online through www.live.ironman.com track live and view live finishing line footage.
- Download the iPhone app ‘Irontrac’, search for 140.3, Asia-Pacific Championships (not Ironman Melbourne) and set up a watch list. This is a great way to follow while out on course.]
TRI ALLIANCE SUPPORTERS INFORMATION
We have put together a comprehensive Tri Alliance Supporters Information and Advice. If you are supporting our athletes on Sunday, make sure you read through the following information to help with your ‘Supporting duties!’
Click here to read everything you need to know.
POST RACE CELEBRATIONS
MAD Monday | Kona Roll Down | Awards/Presentation Night
After all the hard work has been done, our athletes will be enjoying some well earned down time with drinks, food, more food and maybe a few more drinks. Nothing will be off limits!
Join us in these celebrations:
- Kona Qualifications: Will be posted 10.30am at The Harbour Room, Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron on Monday 24 March.
- Kona Roll Down: Roll down ceremony will be held at the same location at 11am on Monday 24 March. Any unclaimed automatic qualifying slots will be rolled down during the ceremony.
- Mad Monday Commences: Join us at Beachcomer (StKilda Sea Baths) for a drink and feed and celebration! From approx 1.00pm
- Tri Alliance Ironman After Party: Athletes, friends and family all welcome! from 7.00pm at Urban Hotel, Fitzroy Street StKilda. More info and book your tickets online here. Tickets sales close 5pm Wednesday 19 March!