Tri Suits are designed for racing. They are constructed and designed with materials suitable to the swim, bike and run leg of a triathlon. The purpose of this is to ensure fast transitions between each leg of the triathlon without the need to change into different outfits. The chamois in a tri suit is thin providing some protection on the bike whilst also being comfortable to swim and run in, unlike traditional bike knicks.
Tri Suits are designed for performance and as a result if you wish to prolong the life of your suit we recommend against using these suits for day to day training.
We recommend you take the following steps to care for your suit:
- Use your tri suit for racing and limit use in training
- Minimise use of your tri suit in the pool
- Rinse in clean, cold water after training – sweat and chlorine will speed up the wear of elastane
- A cold water hand wash is recommended. If using a machine, select a cold water setting for delicates.
- Use a mild detergent – strong detergents can speed up the wear of elastane
- Do not bleach
- Do not iron
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry in direct sunlight.
Exposure to elements such as extreme heat, prolonged bacteria and chlorine exposure, and other harsh or abrasive substances can speed up product degradation.
So ensure you care for your tri suit with these recommendations and you will prolong the wear and lief of your tri suit for seasons to come.
Team Tri Alliance