WORD FROM THE COACHES
With the last of the Melbourne triathlon races completed on the weekend at StKilda, 95% of our athletes have now finished racing for the season – this does however leave 5% who ARE still competing and with big races ahead, before they get to enjoy some down time.
So while the rest of us are enjoying sleeping and eating, we have a small group of athletes still training for races including:
- Charlie Nathan, Jeremy Williamson and Tim French leading into Ironman Australia (Port MacQuarie) on Sunday 5 May. This will be their first race at this distance so we wish them well during their final few weeks prep.
- Online Athlete Janelle Cook prepping for her first Half Ironman in Busselton on Sat 11 May
- Adam Murone secured himself a spot in the Long Course Distance World Championships this year being held in Belfort, France on Sunday 2 June. This will be a tough event and distance – being 4km swim, 110km bike, 30km run.
- Marina Jurjevic taking on Ironman Cairns on Sunday 9 June.
So if you see our athletes out their training hard make sure you let them know you are behind them and give them a shout out. Keep up the hard work team!
Team lists and details for the upcoming Sprint and Olympic distance World Championships are due out next Monday 15 April. And we have a number of athletes who are eagerly waiting to have their spot confirmed to be an Australia representative in London. We look forward to sharing the good news next week!
NEW TRI ALLIANCE VICTORIA FACEBOOK PAGE
Please be aware that we now have a NEW Facebook Page specifically for athletes in Victoria. This page will now be used for any training updates, information, communication. Any questions, comments etc around training in Victoria should also be posted on this page. Click here to make sure you keep up to date with whats happening around the squad.
GATORADE / ACTIVE FEET RACE 6 STKILDA – RESULTS
Leading into the last race of the Season and our athletes were pumped for a big days racing. Coming off the back of Ironman Melbourne two weeks earlier everyone was inspired and ready to draw strength and give their last race for the season everything. We had a number of athletes in search of another podium, aiming for a series podium, heading into their first triathlon, or simply ready to finish off the season on a great note!
Click here to continue reading our Race Report and athlete results…
APRIL TRAINING TIMETABLE
Don’t forget to check our April Training Timetable for full details on session during our Recovery and Transition Month (April).
This weekend we spend some time on the bikes – of the road and mountain bike variety!
SATURDAY – SOCIAL LATTE RIDE
- 7.00am – GIANT & Tri Alliance GUYS ONLY Ride.
RSVP and full details here.
- 7.30am – LIV/GIANT GIRLS ONLY Latte Ride.
RSVP and full details here.FREE Latte for athletes who are wearing our NEW Tri Alliance Cycling Kit. So if you haven’t got yours yet, make sure you order online today !
SUNDAY – FUNDAY!
Mountain biking @ Lysterfield Park!!
8.00am for a 8.30am start. Click here for full details and to RSVP.
GOAL SETTING AND SEASON PLANNING
Long Course – Was held last night at Elwood, with our athletes enjoying a slice of pizza (or two) while our Head Coach Ollie Allan and Coach Greg Nugent spoke about training, planning, what to expect, goal setting and more. Athletes now have some homework to do as they go away and think about their goals for the 2013/2014 Season and what they need to implement and what choices they need to make to reach them.
Short Course – DATE CHANGE. Please note our session for Short Course and Beginner Athletes has been changed to MONDAY 15 APRIL. Click here for full details – MUST RSVP.
BEGINNERS / NEW ATHLETE WELCOME & INTRODUCTORY SESSION
This session is aimed at anyone new to the squad this year, have joined through our popular TRY-the-TRI Program, or simply want to sit down with our Coaches listen, learn and ask questions! Areas covered will include:
- Who we are – meet some of our Coaches
- What to expect at Tri Alliance
- Training sessions – how they work, levels, abilities, which to attend
- What happens over ‘winter’
- The training program – phases, principles, terminology
- Equipment – what you need and what you can get away without
- Choosing races
- Meet your training partners (new friends!) 🙂
So make sure you come along, learn more and set yourself up for the coming season. Click here to RSVP.
NEW ATHLETE / BEGINNER DISCUSSION GROUP
Tri Alliance specialise in developing beginners in the sport of triathlon. In helping you on your triathlon journey, we have set up a new Discussion Group for those new to Tri Alliance or to triathlon. Our Coaches will share information and knowledge with you and best of all, you get to connect with each other. Share your own stories and ask as many questions as you like! We look forward to being part of your journey. 🙂 Click here to join and start learning!
Go to Tri Alliance athlete Chris Ormston and his lovely wife to be Genevive in preparing to tie the knot this weekend in Bali. Bali holds tremendous meaning to both families and we wish them all the best on their special day. Look forward to seeing you both back in Melbourne.
END OF SEASON PRESENTATION NIGHT – TICKETS ON SALE!!
The biggest night of the year is our End of Season Presentation Night and this year the date has been set for SATURDAY 11 MAY 2013. In what is touted as THE Social Event of the year, it’s one you won’t want to miss! Invite your friends, parters, family – the more the merrier. Big questions this year – Who will be this years John Cornish Scholarship holder? Who will win the ‘Zoolander Award’? Invites going out next month – so keep an eye out! PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS TODAY!
PRE SEASON TRAINING CAMP – LORNE
We are excited already about this years Pre Season Training Camp. Held every year over the Queens Birthday Weekend (7-10 June 2013) in Lorne. And we have some exciting developments and additions to this years camp that we can’t wait to share with you. In the meantime make sure you lock this date in your diary and stay tuned for more details to come! CLICK HERE to read more and for early RSVP’s.
- Size is SMALL (I’m 178cm)
- Fully serviced, with new chain and has not be ridden since.
- Used into the lead up to Kona 2012.
- Elbow pad extensions (shifting the pads back about 8cm) and my preferred tires (Continental GP4000s in excellent condition) are the only deviations from the off the shelf bike. The wheels have done about 400km, all in races.
- Click here for more details on the specs.
Contact Sam Hume to negotiate price and for more details: [email protected]
Team Tri Alliance