The day is nearly here for the biggest triathlon (Ironman) race to hit Australia – Ironman Melbourne, for the second year running. Race will kick off at 7.25am for pro’s with our Age Groupers starting at 7.40am sharp on Sunday morning. You can view the event timetable here.
This year the field limit has increased to 2,000+ competitors (up from 1500+ last year). The support our athletes have had leading into this race has been outstanding and race day again will be phenominal for everyone involved.
We have 51 Tri Alliance Athletes on the starters list – our biggest number for any Ironman Event. The training has been completed and they are now ready to race and can’t wait to get out on course on Sunday.
It has taken a huge commitment, dedication some tough choices (some would say sacrifices!) and a lot of mental strength for our athletes to get to the start line in Frankston this Sunday morning and race day is the cherry on top of one very large cake. Let’s make it a day to remember! Good luck to all involved!
Team Tri Alliance
TRI ALLIANCE AID (cheering) STATIONS
We have a further 88 athletes, friends, family nd supporters of Tri Aliance who have offered their time to volunteer on one of our two aid stations located at Parkdale (20km) and Mentone (22km mark) on the run course. Not to mention how many of our other athletes, friends and family who will be roaming the course on the day to support all our athletes. Sunday is going to be AMAZING for everyone involved!!
We have also been invited by GIANT Bicycles to join their cheer squad at The Great Provider (40km mark) so another point to regroup and cheer for our athletes. And what a fantastic atmosphere we had there last year and we know this year will be even bigger! (Don’t forget to wear your Tri Alliance GIANT Ironman Supporter Tee)
TRI ALLIANCE ATHLETE FORM GUIDE (athlete list)
Greg ‘Zoolaner’ Nugent has put together a comprehensive Racing ‘Form Guide’ and Athlete List.
CLICK HERE to read this colourful over-view on how our athletes are weighted for this years big race and to print our full athlete list including age groups and bib numbers.
- Online through www.live.ironman.com track live and view live finishing line footage.
- Download the iPhone app ‘Irontrac’, search for 140.3, Asia-Pacific Championships (not Ironman Melbourne) and set up a watch list. This is a great way to follow while out on course.]
- Sign up for the official ‘SMS Updates’. Receive up to 10 messages from the race organisers tracking your athlete/s when they cross certain timing points. $10 for 10 sms’s. Click here to read more. (must sign up before 12 noon this coming Saturday)
TRI ALLIANCE SUPPORTERS INFORMATION
We have put together a comprehensive Tri Alliance Supporters Information and Advice. If you are supporting our athletes on Sunday, make sure you read through the following information to help with your ‘Supporting duties!’
CLICK HERE to read everything you need to know.
POST RACE CELEBRATIONS
MAD Monday | Kona Roll Down | Awards/Presentation Night
After all the hard work has been done, our athletes will be enjoying some well earned down time with drinks, food, more food and maybe a few more drinks. Nothing will be off limits! 🙂
Join us in these celebrations:
- Kona Qualifications: Will be accepted between 9-10.30am at The Harbour Room, Royal Melbourne Yacht Squadron on Monday 25 March.
- Kona Roll Down: Roll down ceremony will be held at the same location at 11am on Monday 25 March. Any unclaimed automatic qualifying slots will be rolled down during the ceremony.
- Mad Monday Commences: Join us at Republica (StKilda Sea Baths) for a drink and feed and celebration! From approx 12.30pm (Post Kona roll down)
- Ironman Presentations/Awards Ceremony: 6.00-7.30pm at Etihad Stadium. Athletes receive automatic entry. If friends/family/others want to join in make sure tickets are purchased here.
- Ironman After Party: Will continue on from the presentation night at Etihad Stadium. More information…
IRONMAN MELBOURNE PHOTO BOMBING COMPETITION
Go in the running to WIN a $500 Voucher!
Purchase your Giant Tri Alliance Ironman Melbourne Supporter Tee